When we added on the extension we lost a wall at the front door which made up a sort of internal porch and now not only can anyone who passes see right in (not that that happens too often luckily), but the sun likes to get a look in really early in the morning. It's not to be a permanent problem (hopefully) so in the meantime I have hung a little quilt. A friend of
Birgit's called Beate Ade made this top and I bought it off her at Birgit's Annual Quiltfest a few years back. I came home, backed it and hand quilted it. It's a really interesting quilt as it's made up of allsorts! Some of the hearts are made up of cut up bits of knitting, velvet, dishcloths, leather/suede... you name it, you'll probably find it in this cute quilt.

Here's another shot of it hanging over our garden gate. I like this spot to photograph my quilts and while I was at it photographed my old log cabin too.


Here's a family portrait.

We went for a lovely evening walk (just down the driveway LOL, I am not a big walker!).
3 comments:
Love the shadow family protrait - you got some sunshine then! By yesterday teatime the torrential rain reappeared here in the South West - probably as payment for the glorious if windy Saturday - where oh where has summer gone?
You are one lucky lady to be living in such an idylic place...what a wonderful backdrop for taking pictures!!
What a great way to show off your quilts. And a sunny day too.
Post a Comment