Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Yum, plum! And a purple UFO for the week.


My fabric arrived from Chris so as soon as I have a chance I will be cutting more triangles. Wish me luck - there are only so many big triangles I want spare!

All this plum fabric reminded me of a UFO I started ages ago, long before I enjoyed foundation-piecing. It's based on a Kaffe Fassett pattern in one of his patchwork books called 'Pennants' or something (?). I started it so long ago and the book is in South Africa so I hope I have the name right.

Basically instead of foundation piecing it I English paper-pieced it over papers. So lots of hand work which I do enjoy, but I somehow lost interest and didn't quite know whether I should keep going or what.

DH helped me pin it in this layout (Aha! so that's where my pins are!), but I don't think I like it. Anyhow, with all these plums and purples back in the daylight perhaps I'll use the scraps to finish this as a table runner or something. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It would be a shame not to use up these blocks - a lot of work has gone into them. I am doing some English pp at the moment and love it though I know all too easily how you can run out of steam. I have an abandoned hexagon quilt to prove it !

margaret said...

Pennants is one of my favourite Kaffe Fassett patterns - do finish this one! If you still have any of these fabrics hanging around, you could mix them into the blocks with the new purples/plums for a less regimented look, but keep it from going too chaotic by keeping the light background fabrics much the same across the blocks. Let it grow into what it wants to be...

Sarah Nopp said...

Table runner would work. I personally made my very first table runner this month LOL So I am find of them at the moment.
Also... a lap quilt? Increase the size with some random rectangles maybe...
The plum is pretty :)