Saturday, 14 July 2007

The boring stuff

I haven't really had much to blog about because I've been doing pretty boring stuff... piecing the backing fabric together for my Scrapbuster quilt which meant first alot of crawling around on the floor. I was trying to use pieces as they were and not cut them uniformly and thereby end up with more scraps. Then I've been sewing these pieces into rows - I've almost finished that. Once the rows are done, I'll sew those together and Ta Dah! I'll have my backing piece. Knowing me, I'll have mismeasured, but it's so scrappy I might just get away with it LOL.

At the same time I've been pinning another "I Spy" (or "Smiley" quilt as the swap was affectionately known) together as Chris told me that she can fit one more on the backing fabric. I have already handed over three so I want to get this one done asap. Hopefully Chris will be able to do my Scrapbuster quilt at the same time, but I suspect that will depend on me finishing it... :-)

And also at the same time (I like to dabble in a bit of this and that as you can see) I have been sewing together my African Block for my swap with Kate. More of that hopefully later, should I finish it tonight....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karol-Ann,
Just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring you, but for some reason I got a failed to deliver message on the last email I tried to send you. My email wasn't anything important...just me babbling on about Kendal ..in response to your email and your remoteness :o) Hope you've had a good weekend. TTFN