Wednesday, 4 July 2007

Anybody seen my tape measure?


By the end of sewing the rows together this top was so heavy and I kept standing on it when I was trying to iron it. Now all I need to do is add a border and sew the backing pieces together then I can send it off to be longarmed, but in true UFO/WIP style I may do something else for a bit before I do that LOL.

I laid it out on our bed that got moved upstairs today (hence the uncluttered bedroom) and was surprised how big it is considering it was only supposed to be either a picnic blanket or a sofa blanket for Mummy (me). I guess that's me all over, I hardly ever measure and when I do I get it wrong a lot. I love sewing and making quilts, but I like to 'wing' it. Measure twice, cut once? Err, that is a good idea, perhaps I'll try it one day :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did smile when I read about this turning out larger than anticipated - that's just me - don't do small!! everything turns out on the big side :o) just like working in large - until it comes to sandwiching - keep promising to challenge myself to do a miniature to really test myself, haven't picked up that gauntlet yet though!

Anonymous said...

I had to smile. I recently made a quilt for my niece from a Quilt in a Day book...Still Stripping. Anyway the sizes were listed as wallhanging, lap and then on to bed sizes. I thought to myself that a wallhanging would never be a useful size so went on to make the lap quilt...it was huge!! Lets put it this way..she'll never ever outgrow it! If you want to see it here's the addy http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/326079735_faa05050ca_o_d.jpg