Tuesday, 24 July 2007

The great British seaside

Today saw us taking a train to the seaside.

It was DS2's first ever train ride so it was very exciting LOL. Here are some pics our first ever trip to Morecambe Bay...



It was bl**dy freezing and the wind was blowing a gale, poor Toby took shelter in his pram,
but Jack and his friend took no notice of the elements
No self-respecting seaside trip would be complete without a cup of tea...

or an amusement park!


And for me, of course no day is complete without something sewing related. I purchased this dinosaur fabric, not thin enough for patchwork, but it may make the boys some nice curtains or bags or something. Oh and I bought some bag handles, but I'm not sure where they are now... oh, and the dotty background fabric is a piece of pvc-coated fabric for our kitchen table. Oh, and...just kidding!

On the actual sewing front, I have been using our old bedroom to cut strips for my next few projects (hopefully never to be UFO's!). A while back I collected butterfly fabric for a project for my DSIL, but then she changed her decor to brown...

I have brown LOL

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those butterfly fabrics - butterflies are my ultimate favourite thing - fancy changing her colour scheme - silly girl - look at what she's missing!

Kate North said...

Typical, isn't it - what self-respecting British summer seaside trip would be complete without kids wearing their jackets to keep warm... :)

Anonymous said...

If it is any consolation we were freezing down in Devon too.. There is a very "attractive" picture of me with an Ikea rug covering me up because I was so cold...ok perhaps the foolish dip into the sea didn't help either..but hey I couldn't let the kids down :o)

Judi K said...

AWESOME butterflies.
Wish i was in the UK with you
Hugs
Judi K
Gas City,Indiana