Anyone got any good ideas for some big navy triangles? Don't ask, just don't ask!! But I managed to cut them too small, first cutting the most enormous squares and then cutting the diagonals only to find when I attached them that I hadn't added a seam allowance! I can't believe I did that - although now I am pleased, because that means that this scrappy quilt gets to be even scrappier. I have used bits of my absolute favourite colour: plum. I didn't have one big piece, but I used my raspberry (or is it plum LOL) Fossil Fern piece that I was saving (not sure what for), some plum stars and some other plummy purples. I am a few triangles short so feeling virtuous that I am not buying backing fabric because I will be piecing a scrappy back, I placed a little order with Chris for some other plum stars. I hope it will arrive tomorrow, so I can keep the momentum going on this quilt top.
Monday, 2 July 2007
Spot the difference
Anyone got any good ideas for some big navy triangles? Don't ask, just don't ask!! But I managed to cut them too small, first cutting the most enormous squares and then cutting the diagonals only to find when I attached them that I hadn't added a seam allowance! I can't believe I did that - although now I am pleased, because that means that this scrappy quilt gets to be even scrappier. I have used bits of my absolute favourite colour: plum. I didn't have one big piece, but I used my raspberry (or is it plum LOL) Fossil Fern piece that I was saving (not sure what for), some plum stars and some other plummy purples. I am a few triangles short so feeling virtuous that I am not buying backing fabric because I will be piecing a scrappy back, I placed a little order with Chris for some other plum stars. I hope it will arrive tomorrow, so I can keep the momentum going on this quilt top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Definitely prefer the plum - the various fabrics give it movement and life - the navy was quite deadening by comparison. Suppose you could cut some matching bright coloured large triangles and make giant HST's with the navy ones you didn't use
Post a Comment