Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Blooming Marvellous


Phew! I just need to fix a little leaf (or two), but it is done, and boy am I pleased. I have paper-pieced my heart out with this project or as I kept thinking as I was sewing "This is not foundation-piecing for the faint-hearted!" LOL.
It will just get a little border and then some hand quilting and embroidery and then I can shout "Ta Dah".
I have really enjoyed it over the months it's taken even though it's definitely NOT perfect.


I have also finished the hospital quilt tops - the borders along with a lot of the rose piecing were part of last nights efforts - These tops will hopefully go to Vicky this week. She'll get them finished off with the help of some other ladies in my LQG for the premature baby units at 2 of our local hospitals. I also cut loads of strips for more so the strips will be donated too and if anyone in the group has nothing to do , they can make more baby quilts!


And the post brought my winning postcard from Kate's Washer challenge...
very nice, now where to display it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karol-Ann - your rose is beautiful, you should be very proud of yourself, never in a million, zillion years would I have the patience and stamina to make one of those. Incidentally which hospital are you making the baby quilts for - DH's cousin's prem baby was in Manchester and then moved to Lancaster - I thought maybe it was one of these, or do they go to Airedale?

Andrea said...

Stunning ! I love paper piecing but this is out of my league I think. I bought a pattern from paper panache of a tigers head but when it came it terrified me ! 5 million little bits. Well done !