Sunday, 15 July 2007

Lucky day

I was supposed to be writing my own blog, but just happened to be reading a few when I noticed that today was my lucky day! I have won a book on Jane's Blog. I'm really chuffed as it looks really interesting, it's Gail Lawther's new book 'Stained Glass Stitchery Bowls'.

Other than that we had another busy day so not much sewing. In fact, I felt pretty tired so we put on a DVD and I stuffed lavender sachets (very exciting LOL), but Christmas is coming Ho HO Ho and I want to start now on my gifts and stocking fillers. Here's a trio of sachets for Grandma as a thank you for some card making kit she's kindly given me.


And here's my next African block for my swap with Kate. It will go in the mail tomorrow. I wanted to try a sort of chequerboard effect, a variation of a postage stamp block and that's quite African I should think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you didn't feel tired before you certainly would have afterwards with lavender being such a relaxant - bet you slept well though!

katepang said...

I love the African block - I must try that, what size are the squares?