Just because I don't post every day doesn't mean I'm not constantly up to something (quilting or otherwise LOL). I sadly can't finish a quilt a week and posting about a UFO every week made me feel terribly guilty, but I do manage to sneak in a bit here and there, such as the (wild) borders on this...

... it's the last of the 4 Smilie quilts that are going to be quilted by
Chris.
I've also managed to get all the bits together for the borders and backing of my
Scrapbuster quilt. And I've been handquilting my Bag O' challenge. More on that later...
Here's a little trip down memory lane for my friend
Birgit. Birgit, remember this?

Birgit helped me cut this kit out for a 'Children of the World' quilt that I made for a friends daughter. Sadly, I don't have a digital photo to show (and the old fashioned paper photo (LOL) is somewhere...) As Birgit cut, I sewed and she had a brilliant idea that she would cut enough pieces for 2 quilts. Except, ahem, I er.. well I haven't sewn the second one yet and so this kit has been in the bag for about 10 years (?) or at least since I lived in Germany (could that have really been ten years ago??)
2 comments:
Karol-Ann - I love that fabric on the I-spy quilt - it's WICKED!!! and the children around the world fabric is lovely too. You have two small children, people with no kids and who don't work don't often turn out a quilt a week - don't beat yourself up about it - just chat, we all love hearing about your life and seeing pictures of your neighbourhood :o)
What a fun quilt! and don't worry about posting about UFOs or WIPs! If I didn't do that, I 'd have a pretty empty blog!
Post a Comment