Yesterday DS1 came into my bed really early, a few hours later we heard the bins being collected, he wanted to know what the noise was, I said "go to the window and you'll see the 'dust-truck'" I was so tired I couldn't think of the right name for the bin-men (still don't know what the right name is...). He was so cute, afterwards he told me that the truck had come to collect our dust! If only they came to collect our dust, I'd be one happy bunny!!!
The one highlight of my day was a parcel from Kate with a block from our African swap - I really like it. Ok, this is not a great shot, I seem to have taken it a bit off-centre and I could have ironed it (yeah, right!), but it's lovely in the flesh so to speak.
Also in the parcel was a piece of shark fabric (ditto re the ironing) for Jack (DS1) - he was delighted, he just beamed and said "Sharks!".
Of course it means another quilt for my wishlist. I guess if I finish some UFO's this year, I'll need to start some now for next year?
ps this picture is for Kate: Toby (DS2 - pictured here with the last of his chicken pox spots) wants to know
"where's mine?" LOL
4 comments:
Oh bless him - the poor little spotty mite! Sounds like you should never have got out of bed yesterday - hope the weekend's better :o)
Oh it really sounds like you've been having quite a time there...hopefully they will all be better soon and you can escape to your sewing haven.
BTW I think the term is dustcart..but hey I might be completely wrong. Being Canadian I say garbage men..LOL try that one next time...that will confuse them :o)
That is wonderful shark fab! really fun, maybe a stack and whack? Or really anything fussycut. Do you know who makes it? I would love to look for it!
Well, I almost put something in for Toby, but I thought he was a little small yet as he'd only eat it. But next time, I promise, he can have something too...
Oh, and I think dust-bin men are called dust-bin men. (Or maybe Sanitation Engineers or something official like that.) Rubbish collectors? Ach, who knows. I must be tired this week, too, as I keep coming out with Americanisms instead of using the "right" word for stuff myself.
Post a Comment