Wednesday, 9 May 2007

The exciting art of pinning and de-threading

Not much sewing here I'm afraid, I forgot how long it takes to de-thread the back of a top to get it ready for basting. Besides getting covered in threads, I also pinned some scrapbuster blocks and will post a photo soon, but the day was more a kiddy one as I had to pay the doctor yet another visit. Toby has a 'non-specific viral rash' meaning he has a rash and they don't know what it is...but he also has the signs of his first tooth!!! So I guess that could explain it. The Doc also looked at my bruise again, she thinks I may have broken a vein as it's very lumpy (sorry-sounds yuk) which is why the bruise was so big. The pain should ease soon, but apparently the blood clot caused could take up to 6 months! Is this a sign I'm getting old? Blood clots? Broken veins...?
Back to sewing... I did manage to cut some fabric for an African block, can't post a picture as it's a suprise for Kate. It's also still in the design stages LOL. I'm 'free' designing this, but think I better start learning how to use my birthday present of QuiltPro... next birthday though I want pins (Boy, am I easy to please), I ran out after only a few scrapbuster blocks, I guess most of them are probably in other UFO's!!!!

1 comment:

Kate North said...

Ooh, Kate is excited and will have to keep a closer eye on the blog so she knows when it's likely to be ready... :)