Friday, 11 May 2007

Fabric and Friends (and the odd fluff up!)


I was out all day with the children (playgroup, shopping etc), but stopped in at a Quilting friend (Vicky) who was babysitting her 2 grandsons on the way home. Jack had a ball and I had a great time too except Vicky shamed me with her pile of UFO's which are UFO's no longer!!! Way to go Vicky!


When I came home there was a great parcel from Birgit. Absolutely superb fabrics some of which I will use for the New York Beauty project and others for bags (and other UFO's LOL). They are all so lovely. I have now had a thrilling fabric rush and will be ok for another few days.
Vicky's husband very kindly printed out the NYB blocks for me and I have the fabric so now I'm ready... except Vicky lent me a patchwork magazine so I've been reading that (honestly too tired to sew tonight).
Not going Longarming tomorrow for 2 reasons: 1) I must have misunderstood which Saturday and Chris is away this one and 2) My backing fabric is too dang small/narrow. What is the matter with me? I am so bad at Quilt maths. Absolutely no excuse this time as I followed a pattern.

No comments: