Wednesday, 23 May 2007

The race is on...

I've been laid up in bed (as much as possible with 2 small kids) the last few days with flu. Feel dreadful, can't remember when last I had such a bad cold so besides barely managing to make it to the post office to post my 'Bag o' Stuff' I've not done much except a bit of hand quilting on Toby's heart quilt.

I would have featured this as my UFO of the week except that it's really a WIP of the week... And I thought I would set myself the challenge of trying to finish it before I get my quilts back from being longarmed. I reckon I have about 3-4 weeks. Surely, I can manage that? We'll see. It's slow going as I'm making up the quilting designs as I go along (hope the pink pencil comes out!)

The hearts are from the BlockBuddySwaps heart swap which sadly is no longer running and in this quilt there are hearts from, Cobi, Ila, Teresa and Amanda (hope I haven't forgotten anyone) and of course lots from me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quilting looks amazing. It totally transforms the quilt. I like that about quilting...the tops always look so much better once they've been quilted. Look forward to seeing it when it's done.

TTFN

Birgit-Patch said...

Hi Karol-Ann,

Deine Herzen sehen super aus.
Du bist viel fleissiger als ich.

Gute Besserung und Gruessle aus der viel zu warmen alten Heimat.