Friday, 4 September 2009

Harrogate 2009

Today I visited the Great North Quilt Show in Harrogate.

Some photos from the show... in no particular order...

Well, let's get this out the way LOL. My purchases...


Mostly much needed thread, needles, much desired Tilda ribbon and fabric and a cute Melly & Me pattern... oh! And another rose FQ just because and from the same stand some cute braid..

Here's one of the corridors at the end of the day...


Some of the quilts:
Love the shirtings used in this one and the quilting was very cute...

For fans of Spiderman...

Loved the scrappy QST's in this one...
I would love to try one of these bags (especially the first one...)




These were very cute...

Scrappy heaven :-)

Such a fun quilt (buttons for mouths...)

I took this feather drawing workshop with Lilian Hedley - it was very cool...

This crazy quilter pieced these squares over one inch papers - It was gorgeous!


So pretty...
Classics! One day... *sigh*


And that concludes my brief tour of the show :-)

I had a great day out. Met a lovely friend for some of it, came home with some nice loot and all in all made up for not being able to go last year...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the scrappy heaven and the wholecloth quilts.

Heleen said...

whauw, a great exebition, great to get new inspiration and lots of new materials!

corry said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time at the quilt show. I love the blue squares quilt and the art one with the houses. And you didn't go home empty handed, love all the suplies!

loulee said...

Looks like a lovely day out. Wish I could have been there with you, I have a taste for it now!

Kim said...

A day like this is a treat, huh?! The blue shirtings quilt I love!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great day out...I can just tell from reading your post that it was just the inspiration and rest you needed...can't wait to see what you do with your loot...particularly the Tilda ribbon...I keep seeing it, but wouldn't have a clue what to do with it.

Unknown said...

Lovely quilts and some great treasure - a welcome break from the kitchen construction and the kids - Good Luck Jack for today x x x

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the show. I really must make the effort to see the show at Harrogate Show.
It was great fun climbing Ingleborough - not sure I;d want to do it again - but at least I did it.

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks for sharing the exhibition pictures! Love the blue shirtings quilt!

Myra said...

Great photos from the show!!! I especially like the multiple little quilts with the houses! 8-)