Monday, 7 September 2009

The start of something new


My biggest little boy started Reception today. I am not accustomed to the UK schooling system. I went to school in South Africa. There the term starts in January. You start off in Sub A (now I'm telling my age because apparently it's now called Class or Grade 1!! Boy, am I old LOL)





Some other little boys wish they also went to school with their brother...


Anyway, it means he's at school all day (until 3.30pm) *sniff*. I guess I'll have no excuse keeping the house clean now :-)

12 comments:

Heleen said...

There were a lot of tears when my youngest took his first steps into that big schoolbuilding.
Wish you all the best.

Unknown said...

Poor little guy :( Your big boy has grown a LOT!

Unknown said...

He looks so grown up - but don't worry once they get through that door they're magicked into another world - the one where mummy knows nothing because the teacher is the world expert on everything - you wait 'til he starts coming out with ...."But Mrs So-and-so says it's like this Mummy!"

Anonymous said...

Big day for both of you!!

Jo in TAS said...

They grow up too fast! Hope he enjoys it!

Kim said...

Aw, but now little brother has mommy and daddy all to himself and this will make him a happy boy and this may well drive you nuts while he is looking for a new playmate, don't count on a clean house just yet, lol.

The first day of school is a landmark day. I cried when I sent my girls off too and sure enough, things really do happen as Anne said. Kids!

YankeeQuilter said...

What a big day for your both!

dutchcomfort said...

He really looks so sweet, so brave and grown-up! He will love school! Another milestone KA!

No cleaning-excuses indeed...LOL!

Andrea said...

Aww - it takes me back. Hope he settles in well and that little Toby doesn't miss him too much.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope the school year gets off to a great start - they sure grow up fast! My youngest will be finishing primary school in a few months.

maria said...

I'm sure he will have a great time and makes lots of little buddies.
p.s you kitchen is looking fab.

Pinktulip said...

This is a big day! Far more difficult for Mommy to accept than for the big man! Soon the teacher's words will be gospel and all his new friends will be the best thing since cheese. My oldest is finishing high school in a few months. What do I say about age?!