We had the boy's combined birthday party at home yesterday. (DS1 will be 5 on Monday and DS2 will be 3 just over a week later.)
Yet again there was much baking in this house! A homemade 'Ben 10' cake. DS1 wanted a shop bought one, but when I went to buy it I was told that it was best to order them a week in advance. Unfortunately I didn't have that much time so out came the icing sugar and an attempt at 'Ghostfreak' LOL
DS2 wanted a smartie cake. I added the pigs as an extra. (It's unfortunate that pigs are pink as it made his cake look a bit girlie, but then again he is only 3!)
Not a single cupcake was left begging even with their ugly faces (and their wheat-free bases LOL)
Now I can put my feet up for another year!
7 comments:
Looks like everyone was enjoying their tea. I spot Percy Pigs, Oooh, yum!!Those cupcakes look really great too. You've done well not to have collapsed in a heap with a large G&T by now.
I'm jealous! I used to love doing parties for my kids - mind you it took me several weeks to recover each time so I know what you mean about putting your feet up.
That's a lot of kids!
Wow, how many children were there? The cakes look great.
Such a talented mom you are! The cakes are delightful ~ better than store bought. Nice that the new kitchen was ready for all of this action, too!!
Children's parties...bit like men...can't live with them can't live without them! :o)
This brings back so many memories! When my boys were little (and I still had plenty of energy!) I used to make their birthday cakes myself. From trains, to space ships to formula one tracks, you name it! They were not at all professionally made, but the kids loved helping to decorate the cakes! (LOVE your kitchen! Is it finished now? Please share some more pics!)
Post a Comment