Saturday, 12 September 2009

I can't get enough of this weather

I have waited the whole summer for this!

It is so goodness gracious me beautiful around here when the sun shines (this is on the road to DS1's school from our house)... I just can't get over it. I know I am going on about it a bit, but after all the rain, I feel I'm entitled LOL. The red berries are everywhere. How come I have never noticed them before?

Even the sheep enjoy the views (this is up towards the moors - a slight detour, but I had to see the heather in the sun and believe it or not, but the heather looks better in the rain!! So here are views withouth the heather, but with sheep instead...)

The views up here are so tranquil. I have a thing about clouds LOL. I love 'Simpson' clouds as I call them. Big puffy white ones against blue skies - those are my favourites!


Here is DH strimming the lane...


On the food front: The blackberry's are out.

DH and DS1 went blackberrying and the fruit this year is better than last, so I've made jam and a pie. A neighbour also gave me some plums which made delicious plum jam. I love a bit of home-baking ;-)

And when the sun shines you can get your quilts washed!!

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

Laura said...

Your pictures are beautiful, I don't blame you for wanting to share them with us, thank you for doing so. I can see another part of the world that I haven't visited, but would love to.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the photo of your quilts drying in the sun! enjoy the beautiful weather - blackberry pie sounds delicious.

Kim said...

I must agree that sunshine makes everything pop to life! Including me, lol. Perhaps that corrective eye surgery you had this summer is making things brighter? One question. Are there always sheep wandering about like you have here in your photos? Are they your sheep?

Chookyblue...... said...

oh you got more sunshine...........pics are great............I haven't got any more rain though.........

Unknown said...

It is like you get a sun in your heart when the weather is like this. I love the view. How old is your house?

dutchcomfort said...

Love to see the pictures! Home grown blackberries. I can only dream about it!

(Thanks for the wonderful flying cow pictures!)

corry said...

Your pictures are lovely, I especially love the one with the quilts!

YankeeQuilter said...

I do miss the hedgerows loaded with blackberries! Thanks for the photos...

Pinktulip said...

Enjoy every bit of sunny weather you can! I cannot imagine life without sunshine, which is why I will remain in the Southern Hemisphere! The English countryside is really beautiful, all that green grass, hills and sheep. I love the little villages with a church, Post Office and not much else.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Wow, what beauty all around you. I love this time of year in our part of the world too, but you've got us beat I'm afraid.