Monday, 31 August 2009

Let it rain...



.. I don't care anymore. I mean the relentless almost daily rain or scattered showers, or 'white cloud' or whatever they call it to describe our pitiful weather... gets you down after a while, especially when it's supposed to be summer, but then the sun breaks through for a moment when you are driving over the moors and you see nature's colours...


Then you know why you live in this rainy place. And you know if you can still see the beauty in most anything, you're going to be ok.

13 comments:

trash said...

I felt like that today. Up until 2pm we had visibility of about 20 metres and then BANG! sunny bright blue skies. Quickly we went out en masse. Watching the light play over the hills and the shadows cast by the clouds was beautiful.

Kim said...

I agree, I think we will be okay, even during the rainy periods of life! Unbelievably gorgeous countryside you live in!

dutchcomfort said...

Sorry to hear about all the rain. We had an amazingly beautiful Summer!

You live in an amazingly beautiful place!

Pinktulip said...

The English countryside is quite beautiful, must agree with you. The constant rain and abscence of the sun will get me down however. A few months ago we had a whole week of rain and NO sun, very unusual for Joburg, and I was going bananas! So was everyone else. The first day the sun came out again, you could see the general mood improving around here. I suppose one gets used to it though. If you love where you stay, that's all that matters. And the quality of live for the kids is so important.

Unknown said...

Woah!!!!! those heather shades pulled me right back to Yorkshire - thought I'd grown out of the old homesickness after almost 18 years - obviously not :o(

Chookyblue...... said...

I will trade you some sun for some rain.........the crops are desperate...........

Elsie Montgomery said...

We just came back from Scotland and now more heather and I want to go again. The rain brings the beauty. Everything here looks so small compared to the trees and grand hills in UK. I say that the grass in never greener elsewhere, but in some cases, it is!

Thanks for the lovely photos in this post. You will be ok!

Tingelingeling said...

Lovely pictures, and wet days...
And lovely pictures in your older post!! ;-)

Toni said...

What peaceful looking pictures. thanks for sharing Karol-Ann!

YankeeQuilter said...

It does look so beautiful there...maybe I need to read my battered copy of ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL again...sigh.

Unknown said...

That´s the spirit.

Ginger Patches said...

Of course here I am in dreadfully hot and brown San Diego and thinking how it would be so cool to somehow share a little sun with you in trade for a bit of rain and green :)

Margaret Cooter said...

Nowhere does moors better than Yorkshire! Seeing these pix made me quite homesick, even though I lived in Yorkshire for only two years.