Bouyed by the finish of my Berry Crush, I decided to resume the hand quilting on my
BQL Ostrich Quilt from 2006.

I just do a few stitches here and there, but it's very relaxing so hopefully it will get finished sometime (this year if all goes well...)
The bees and butterflies are still enjoying the last of the Buddleia's flowers...



Even our humble weeds are an attraction to this butterfly :-)

And here is a photo of my gardening mastery, cough cough, sigh. Clearly not the green fingered sort, I have managed, no thanks to all the endless rain we've had, to produce about 5 red strawberries. Luckily they are tasty, but not enough to make any jam.
I'll spare you a tomato photo! I had so hoped, I'd be swamped with tomatoes and be able to make chutney, but alas I haven't got any that are edible yet ;-(
Guess, I'll have to stick to sewing LOL
10 comments:
I didn't have much luck in my garden this year either...the wildlife were well fed though!
Your strawberry plant looks so pretty - I am sure the fruit tasted delicious!
Thank you for sharing the butterflies.
Your strawberry looks delicious.
I recognize that quilt! The hand quilting looks fab..you just have to keep remembering to keep picking it up... I keep doing that with some hand applique I've got going and surprisingly it's getting done quite quickly.
Ohh, I like the red and green quilt... and it goes without saying, the red and green strawberry pic. Keep watering those tomatoes. They need lots when the weather is hot!
That is more than one strawberry per family member!!!
I have discovered that "green fingers" is something you either have, or do not have at all, no "in-between" stage! I do not have it at all! I do think you have it though. Some plants only produce real nice, edible fruit after several years, so your strawberries is a resounding success!
I love the butterfly pictures. We are just waiting for it to warm up so that we can plant the spring garden...
I love your sewing, and to finish a big quilt is such an achievement.
Gardening is fun but the result is not guaranteed. My rabbit loved my strawberries, he got there first.
I love the butterflies! great pictures. I'm sure these strawberries are the best ever!
Your finished quilt (last post) is a beauty!!
Post a Comment