Saturday, 11 August 2007

All hail the humble tote

I entered some of my 'handicraft' into the village show... I wasn't going to after I heard a story on the radio the other day of a lady who entered her Victoria Sponge cake into the local show and even though she was the only entrant she came second!.... but I thought maybe this would be an opportunity to meet more crafters and it's just a bit of fun anyway.

The results...
In the 'handbag' section...

I was really surprised that my lowly tote won a first.


In the 'sewn item' section...

this little wallhanging came second
and my patchwork puzzle balls came third




I also managed to sell 'the cube' (which I didn't enter) to one of the organisers,

so not a bad day all in all LOL

6 comments:

Margery said...

The Cube looks like my kind of thing - please could you tell me where to find instructions? I am enjoying reading your blog, thank you, and have never posted a comment before. I hope I'm not intruding.

Andrea said...

Very well done Karol Ann ! You are now an official prize winning quilter - lol ! You are also a bad influence on me. I had a look at the Fathers Heart website after you posted about taking your quilt there and ended up spending £25 on fabric and a pattern. Can't wait for it to arrive...Like I have no fabric here !!!

Quilting Pirate said...

YAH YOU!! It's still a feel good kinda day in the end and you made some money too...bonus!!

Unknown said...

well done you - mind you your items thoroughly deserved to be placed :o)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
The patchwork puzzle balls are really funky!

Anonymous said...

WOW Well done Karol-Ann! Looks like you might get that village talking about you..winning all those prizes and all!