Wednesday, 22 August 2007

The kindness of others (part2)

Look what I found in my mailbox today! A beautiful artwork from Kate.

It really brightened my day. It hasn't photographed that well - it definitely looks better at my house :-)
Thank you Kate. I admired it on her blog without realising it was destined for me LOL.

She also sent her next block for our one-on-one African Blockswap. I like this one, it's a simple block, but shows off all the 'wild' African prints.


Also, thank you to all the lovely bloggers (Juliann, Lynda & Kate P) who have offered to help with my local Project Linus UK. Vicky, my local co-ordinator was very pleased to hear that we were getting some help and said "anything would be much appreciated and nothing would be turned away". It made me feel so guilty that I had been sitting on this quilt top for so very long...
It's one of my UFO's. But on Friday I'll drop it off and it will be a Linus quilt. As you may be able to see it's basted and just waiting to be quilted.

Tonight I managed to get my "Butterfly Blossom" sewn together as well as starting another Linus top, this time for a boy (more on that another day).

And on another note, we had a little visitor again yesterday so I did a bit of sewing with her, using up another orphan block from a heart block swap (I appliqued the heart)...

Little girls... pink...hearts... say no more :-)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Your little friend is getting some good tuition I think. She'll be whizzing out the king sized quilts in next to no time - lol ! I love the African fabric block. Really unusual fabrics. My small quilt group are making animal blocks for project linus.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to pass the sewing skill on...If we don't do it the next generation won't know how to sew...The schools won't teach them!
Like you Linus quilt...I'm sure a child will be thrilled with that.

Lynda said...

Busy, busy, busy and still you find time to sew with a future quilter! It really annoys me when people say, 'I love to do X but I haven't got time.' If you want to do it, there are 24 hours in every day! Love the Linus quilt. Simple, clear design and colours.

Jeanne said...

So nice of you to spend time sewing with your little friend. The pillow turned out so cute and she already is.

Cathi said...

Have to go back and read your archives more, there are some great quilts here!

I know what you mean about sewing to keep you sane with 2 kids :) Mine are lovely, but hard work!

That Kate she is a pretty nice person, how cool that it was destined for you all along.