Saturday, 25 August 2007

Where did this week go?

Well, I know where tonight went...

... I baked and baked! I made DH's nephew a birthday cake for his 18th birthday, hence the one and the eight LOL. Apparently it tastes quite good as there were a few extra bits, but until it's iced, it doesn't look like much. I also made DS1 some dinosaur ginger cookies (these are gluten-free so were a bit tricky as I tried to adapt the original recipe) - tomorrow we'll get the verdict on these :-)

As for the rest of the week. Tuesday saw us taking a trip to find Empress Mills in Colne. I missed the turning and we ended up miles away near Blackburn! Wednesday, I don't know what happened to Wednesday. Thursday, we tried again. We found it. I parked the car and when we got out, I couldn't find my purse/wallet. We counted up between us and taking lunch into account, I only had enough money for a few bits. No photo as I'm sure you all know what thread, felt and pelmet vilene look like LOL. However, the shop was a quilter's paradise, really nice bits and bobs. More thread than I could've imagined, beads, buttons, felt, fabric... No money though until after lunch when I found my bl**dy wallet had fallen down the side of the seat!!!

Friday, I visited Vicky who will be finishing my Linus offering. It's always good to see a fellow quilter and we had a mini show-and-tell. Fun! Then today!! Well I didn't sew a stitch :-( but Anne brightened my day with this little parcel...

... I will be swapping her some butterfly bits for these lovely stars. Thank you Anne, you cheered me up yet again because all day I've been feeling sad that I'm missing Birgit’s Quiltfest in Germany. I hope it went well. I will have to start saving up to go next year!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You have had a busy week ! Shame about mis-placing your purse - think of the damage you could have done. Least you know where it is for next time ( the place not your purse - lol ! )