Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Grow Your Own: Courgettes/Zucchinis

My job again this year has been the patio plants and I have not been doing a very good job, however against all odds a few courgettes are making their way to the dinner table...
The standard variety, left too long that it's almost a marrow...
The yellow variety that look almost anaemic :-(


And in other garden news:
Look what I found in the vegetable patch!! Yeuuughhh!
We have been regularly eating broccoli...
Our littlest man pulls and pulls and eventually a cauliflower comes out!
And my flowers are coming along nicely...
Love all the purple ones!

7 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Zucchinis are my favorite veggie...stuffed, fried, baked in breads...yummmm

Unknown said...

Looks nice, has the weather been good?

Birgit-Patch said...

Ich denke, ich komm doch mal zum Essen vorbei! Alles sieht so appetitlich und lecker aus (außer der Raupe natürlich, aber der scheint es auch zu schmecken).

Vicki W said...

I keep trying to talk my DH into planting cauliflower but he says it's too hard to grow. Now I can show him that a 3 years old can do it!

Fran said...

Very impressed, and a little envious... garden produce in the north of England seems to be way ahead of the south this year!! Our raspberries and strawberries were fabulous, but not so much on the veggie front as yet. Plenty of torrential rain to keep it all watered...
Just popped over to John Lewis for fabric to finish off a bear paw quilt, so better get on with it (even though six weeks off work is looming, thank goodness!)
Hope all is well.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I like zucchini too, and use the green and yellow together in a nice dish that is colorful and yummy. I'm envious as well. Our yard has too much shade to grow veggies. Thankfully we have a nearby farmer's market!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I feel a good stirfry coming on! Just --- no more exploding curries in the microwave, shall we? ;cD