Saturday, 30 July 2011

Maverick Stars

It has been so nice having the space to sew without having to reshuffle my sewing machines around. I fancied a bit of 'loose' sewing and I also felt I had been neglecting all my beautiful African fabrics so I made some Maverick Stars....
3 of these blocks are on their way to Kate for our African swap. I am sure I am the one holding up the swap so I have sent 3 to make amends, and as we had suggested 6"finished blocks for our borders and stars to boot, I thought these might get the swap rolling again? Although Kate you'll have to forgive my very 'loose' measurements this time, but at least I'm sewing ;)

When I'm in the sewing room, I get some very furry and purry company...
She found some freshly washed batting/wadding and thought it made a very cosy place to hide.

8 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Oh, I wish I were Abby! She looks co cosy and warm and it’s cold here and rainy. Love your Maverick stars!! You inspired me... I’m decluttering again. I already filled 4 carbage bags with old paper stuff, however, somehow I don’t see an open space yet!

Happy Sunday!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh Fun! You know, I've only used these as alternate blocks, or as accent blocks or corner blocks, I've never done a WHOLE QUILT with them.... I'm really thinking I need to! It would help me use up those crumbs I can't bear to toss away!

Bonnie

Unknown said...

I am glad you are sewing :)

Birgit-Patch said...

Auf schwarz mit den Afrikastoffen sehen die Maverick Stars ganz super aus. Das Muster macht einfach Spaß!

YankeeQuilter said...

Finished a top today so I can put away all the pinks and greens and get some space on the cutting table...

Love the maverick stars...

Sandra Kaye said...

I love the maverick stars. That is going to make a great quilt. ---hugs-- Sandie

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh yes.....I'm all about stars!!! Luv them and luv yours!!!

Juliann said...

Beautiful stars. I just posted a photo of a quilt I have been making from the fabrics you sent to me a few years back.