Thursday, 14 July 2011

Something Quilty - But not mine....

The lovely Kate has kindly sent me some quilts for Project Linus as well as this gorgeous 'Corn & Beans' top for Project Bedroom :-)

When I saw these Corn & Bean blocks and read that Kate wasn't sure what to do with them I unashamedly begged to make them into a dresser runner for our bedroom.
So the unpicking and quilting is on my 'To do list'.

The other 5 tops from Kate will go to my dear friend Vicky,
who co-ordinates quilts for our local Project Linus:

I wrote a post earlier about my aversion to yellow, BUT I love this top, it really sparkles!

These next 2 are lovely and bright and the pattern is so simple that my mind started going into scrap quilt overdrive LOL
Such a fun easy block...

LOVE the red setting triangles, but then I love anything red!

Thank you so much Kate! You are a very generous quilter!
(You can find a lot of Kate's block ideas and patterns on her blog!)

And an obligatory kitty photo of ol' four legs catching some shut eye :-)
It must be a hard life being a cat!

5 comments:

Juliann said...

That corn and bean block is fun!
I have about 3 Project Linus quilts that I need to get finished now that we have a local group doing this project.

YankeeQuilter said...

What great little quilts...and you cat looks like a small cougar!

Clare said...

I love the blue and yellow one. Kate is so generous.

dutchcomfort said...

Well of course Abby is the cutest, but the quilts are adorable! Kate is a very generous person!!

Unknown said...

I love the colors in the Corn and Beans blocks.