Sunday, 10 July 2011

Fountains Abbey

We had a lovely day out at Fountains Abbey near Ripon today. It involved lots of walking (which was thankfully rewarded with a lovely lunch overlooking a lake).
Of course I took far too many photos...










... But I imagine most of the photo ops were just excuses to catch my breath LOL

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a BEAUTIFUL place, so much green against the ruins of the castle.

YankeeQuilter said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing and glad you took the time to rest during the walk!

Mad about Craft said...

I love Fountains Abbey!

I have been several times including one memorable trip with school when I had to walk round with a sprained ankle after doing a Christian Aid walk the day before!

dutchcomfort said...

Such a lovely place to visit and walk! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Helen said...

Must visit it one day. Looks like you had a great day and although you might have taken all those photos as an excuse to catch your breath, I want to thank you for posting them. I love castles!

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely photos. I love Europe and its amazing architecture.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Wow, what an enchanting place to spend a day in. Here in the US, everything is new and not so interesting, at least on the West Coast where I live. I have been to England one time and the history and architecture is what I enjoyed most. Carline