Saturday, 16 July 2011

What's in the Box?

Country Living takes some getting used to! This past week we have had quite a few unwanted 'visitors' in our bedroom. Bearing in mind that I have only just learned to cope with the odd spider anything larger elicits loud shrieks!
We have had 'creatures' in the bed, under MY pillow!!!! As well as in the kitchen and the latest 'visitor' passing through had a brief stay on top of the storage boxes on top of the wardrobe...
So after spring cleaning the bedroom, I decided to check that there were no more undesirable guests IN the boxes! I was especially concerned about this red cardboard box which currently houses my Carolina Lily in a very unfinished state.
It appeared in tact and after initiially thinking 'Aahhh! So that's where all my pins are!' I thought I really need to just finish it! A lot of the vines and leaves are already pinned in place ready to sew, so I could just pick up where I left off.... Perhaps I will soon before it makes a cosey home for another uninvited creature!

10 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh I was so HOPING you weren't going to post more pictures of bats in your boxes! >_<

Gotta love the country life --- DH did bug foggers in the basement while I was gone, and now there are dead bugs to be cleaned up all over the place..I dunno what is WORSE!

Bonnie

Janet O. said...

I've lived in the country about 26 years now. We have had a a variety of visitors--from snakes, to mice, to bats, to birds--all in the house at one time or another.
Still makes me shiver to think about them.
The quilt is beautiful--definitely worth finishing it before it takes in roomers! : )

YankeeQuilter said...

Like Bonnie I was so worried when I read the top part of your post...so glad your Carolina quilt is ok!

Andrea said...

I had been wondering about your lovely quilt - nice to see it's getting some attention. My ufo's come out now and again and have a bit of work done on them - working on a couple right now. Haven't seemed to have a finish for ages xxx

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the quilt is ok and that the strange turn of events has inspired you to work on it :o)

I recently had to empty my sewing cupboard because we feared a certain slimy creature was making its way into the house from behind the cupboard and that spurred a massive clear out...so I know exactly where you are coming from LOL

Clare said...

I know exactly how you feel which is why everything precious is kept in plastic boxes with snap shut lids. I couldn't stand it if all the bugs and insects that live in this house got into my fabric/quilts. The cat is bad enough!

Thank goodness the quilt is ok.

Those cauliflowers look gorgeous

Carole said...

Oh but who was that uninvited creature ? I'm dying to know ! Not a mouse ?
Your quilt is beautiful, fortunately it is intact. Phew !

Lois Arnold said...

Your Carolina Lily will be lovely when finished! Glad nothing bad happened to it! Hope you get the creatures under control -- as in outside where they belong!

Unknown said...

I do hope that you won´t get more of these creatures IN the house.

Lynda said...

The Carolina Lily quilt is fabulous! (I'm just struggling to find an 8" version of this design. I think I'm doomed to failure!)