It means that driving kids to school etc is a real treat...
And little little children can come along for walks in the sunshine past fields of cows...
And beautiful brambles...
To Becks where they can play with watering cans and water the plants :-)
And crazy Grandma's can spoil them with very early birthday presents of garden trampolines (reminiscent of animal cages LOL)
On the very neglected sewing front, I have finished my first Stitcher's Angel project.
My partner likes pink. I am not really a pink girl (unless it's pink roses of course!) so I have struggled a bit, but I hope my secret partner will like it.
I have quickly whizzed up a sock sack using an old sheet and some machine appliqued sock shapes. I was so tired of odd socks lying around!
It now lives in the laundry room and according to my DMIL contains 15 odd socks! Oh dear!!
And I finally got to the PO and mailed 2 very belated birthday cards and one of these blocks to Kate for our African Blockswap.
It's a simple Ula Lenz star block, but because I haven't paper-pieced for a while it took a bit to get back into a rhythm. Hope you'll forgive me Kate for such a simple block after your lovely one ;-)
9 comments:
What beautiful photographs!
Where do the socks go? Why do they hide from their mates? Or will all your mismatched socks eventually wind up in the same bag? Truly one of the great mysteries of life! Love the sock bag!!
Hasn't the autumn sun been fab! The sunset last night was fabulous...unfortunately I was trying to enjoy it in my rear view mirror as I was driving so no pictures were taken! :o)
Love your countryside pictures...One of these day I'll have to come up your way...it looks so beautiful!
It is so strange how socks end up not being a pair :) I love the pictures, it is so beautiful around you.
aarrhhh I see the sun arrived...........would you like it for a bit longer I would like some more rain...........
lovely photos..........
What a lovely pictures, I can imagine me walking there!
There is nothing like sunshine and blue skies! And of course, walking in the country! You lucky thing! It is chilly in Joburg since yesterday after glorious hot weather! Apparently our last "cold front" for the summer, I hope.
I love that trampoline! Never seen one like that before. Looks like a giant playpen. Would have been handy to "lock" my boys in when they were smaller...
You have been busy! It's so nice to get a whole lot of things done on your list of things to do. I am planning to make such a list today for the weekend. Hope your good weather lasts through the weekend!
I have a theory that manufacturers make one of each pair of new socks water-biodegradable after ten washes - how else could we end up with so many odd ones? Love the sunshine photos - Yorkshire at its most beautiful - and 'becks' - noone down here believes me that that is the correct name for a stream :o(
Love your photos. That field with the cows....! Your landscape is so beautiful, especially when the sun is shining!
Happy weekend!
Post a Comment