I ate almost all of the blueberry, apple and raspberry pie (pictured left) and the rhubarb and apple pie was made for DH. In fact I had pie last night after it came out of the oven. Then I had a slice of pie for breakfast. After lunch, a slice of pie. Then when I had another cup of tea, a slice of pie. When we came home from the park, another cup of tea and ... a slice of pie. No wonder I had no dinner LOL
Wednesday, 8 August 2007
Who ate all the pies?
Ok, I did, I did! But these are not just any pies. I'm 'wheat-free' and have been for quite a few years now so I don't usually get to eat pies or cakes or biscuits or Yorkshire Puddings... unless they are Gluten-free. However, a wonderful book has changed all that for me...Healthy Gluten-Free Eating by Rosemary Kearney and Darina Allen. Hence all the recent pies. This book has great easy-to-follow recipes and I LOVE IT!!!

I ate almost all of the blueberry, apple and raspberry pie (pictured left) and the rhubarb and apple pie was made for DH. In fact I had pie last night after it came out of the oven. Then I had a slice of pie for breakfast. After lunch, a slice of pie. Then when I had another cup of tea, a slice of pie. When we came home from the park, another cup of tea and ... a slice of pie. No wonder I had no dinner LOL
I ate almost all of the blueberry, apple and raspberry pie (pictured left) and the rhubarb and apple pie was made for DH. In fact I had pie last night after it came out of the oven. Then I had a slice of pie for breakfast. After lunch, a slice of pie. Then when I had another cup of tea, a slice of pie. When we came home from the park, another cup of tea and ... a slice of pie. No wonder I had no dinner LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Seeing as you haven't eaten any of this stuff for years I'm sure you can be forgiven for having a bit of a pig-out lol !! They look lovely . Your pastry decorations look very professional !
Karol-Ann I have just made my first visit to your blog and absolutely love it! How do you find the time? Well you have inspired me to get some of those swaps sitting here put into tops. I am going hunting for that cookbook too, love those pies.
Hi KA
I've just worked out how to post a comment!! Your blog is great - much more professional than mine! I'll have to have a few tips when I get home!!
Save some of those pies for us!!
Take care and see you all soon.
Janexx
Oh! Karol-Ann,
da bekommt man ja richtig Appetit, so lecker sieht der aus.
Lädst Du uns zum Kaffee ein?
Those pies look yummy!!! We're egg free in this house and it's always a treat when you can make something that would normally have the offensive ingredient with some secret ingredient as the replacement. Until my DH met me he had never had cakes and some cookies! Thanks to the egg replacement I buy from the health food shop (it's actually potato starch) he can have all those things. It's true what they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! :o)
Hi, just little me! Have you tried rhubarb and STRAWBERRY pie - its really really good!
Have been busy doing my day jobs lately, so I haven't caught up, but I will! You've been so busy, even with a sick baby. Well done you!
Post a Comment