Saturday, 18 August 2007

The kindness of others

I was feeling a bit low the other day so when Anne mentioned that she liked the African 'Pot' fabrics that my mother had brought over from South Africa, I took a chance and asked her if in exchange for a few FQ's she would make me something handmade. She did!

It's a beautiful needlecase. Brilliant! No more pins and needles on the floor or the bottom of my sewing bag (I use the term sewing bag loosely here LOL). What a wonderful 'pick-me-up' it's proved to be and her timing couldn't be better. I am about to lose ALL access to my sewing/laundry room for at least a month!! (And the Green & Black's Organic Ginger in Dark Chocolate hit the spot too - Thank you so much Anne!)

BTW I would like to help out my local Project Linus (UK) with either quilt blocks or tops (or even finished quilts),so I'm going to take another chance here and ask if anyone would like to help in exchange for some African fabric please contact me via email: sewkalico at yahoo dot co dot uk

4 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Nothing like chocolate to brighten up your day!

Vicki W said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today - how did I miss yours? It will go in my reader today - you do some really cool stuff! (I also love G&B chocolate - the mint is my favorite!)

Lynda said...

As Project Linus rep for S. Leicestershire, I am delighted that you are thinking about this worthy charity, but wondering how you can produce anything without access to stash etc.?lol. Anyway, all power to your elbow, and if you would like patterns, fabric, wadding or backing, then please contact me.

katepang said...

I'll help with your Project Linus (slowly probably). I cannot imagine how you find the time to produce so much, Karol-Ann. What a star!