Saturday, 18 August 2007

Another little tease...

Now what is this?
It's all I could manage this evening and it's for a charity quilt a friend is putting together, BUT that's all I'm telling you tonight LOL.
I have to say that after piecing my rose...

I felt almost paper-pieced out,

but I think I may be getting into it again.

On another note my absolutely darling SIL is in Canada and I had asked her if she was near a quilting shop to pop in for me. If she saw any browns or star fabric she was to feel free to buy me some. She texted today to say she'd been in one, but not seen anything LOL. Just as well, because I really don't 'need' anything do I? :O)

7 comments:

Quilting Pirate said...

I work at a quilt shop, would you like me to send you a few FQ's?? :D We have a very nice selection!

I love your paper piecing!!

Fiona said...

Wow, that paper piecing is very impressive (and very effective).

keslyn said...

That work is amazing, well done.
Kerry

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful rose!

BTW if your SIL is in Montreal I know of the best quilt shop there...well I'm bias, as it used to be 1/2 a mail order quilt business that I owned with my friend...she's turned it into a brilliant quilt shop after I sold my half back to her when I moved to the UK.

Unknown said...

Wow! That rose is lovely!

Cathie said...

Karol - Ann what a spectacular Rose. I have not yet attempted paper piecing (am taking a class in the winter). This is just beautiful - and your giving it away?????

sue said...

Love your rose; I hate to do paper piecing myself so envy your skill