Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Post, Party, Guilt

Here in the UK we have had postal strikes. Today we got mail, 2 bits of junk and a bank statement! That was all after several days of no mail. The postie says that any expected post will be piled up in the sorting centres waiting to get to us. This lack of post (mail) has left me with a lack of wanting to post (blog).

But, for all my family and friends who read this blog, I will show some photos from Saturday's "Farm Party". It was a great day, the setting was beautiful...

and everyone seemed to have a good time.

The goats were fed by the kids (each child got a free bag of food as part of the party package)

Tractor-boy inspects the Lama


Two birthday boys...


Two cakes...


We all went for a ride on the 'Wizzick', the farm's mode of transport...




While we were out, I spotted a gate that would be perfect to photograph a quilt on...


Speaking of which, here comes the guilt! I need to put the binding on my Scrapbuster top. I've had it back from Chris for weeks. I just couldn't decide on the binding. I have now decided after consulting with my creative director (DH) that I am going scrappy on the binding too.

I really want to make another one of these one day (with rose prints naturally!)

The reason I feel particularily guilty that it (along with 4 kid's quilts) is not bound is because yesterday I picked up my "Butterfly Blossom" quilt from Chris. I haven't even looked at it.

It's still wrapped up in the plastic cover - I'll treat myself to a good look as soon as I've put the binding on my Scrapbuster!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great "Farm party". How big are the patches in your scrap quilt, they seem to be very small?

Helen said...

Your scrapbuster quilt looks great. I think I would love it even more when you've made it with rose prints. Do you machine quilt the top?
The farm looks wonderful as wel. Keep on posting those pictures.
I've left my first comment :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a terrific time was had by all at the farm party - nothing better for two little chaps!

Andrea said...

Glad the weather was kind to you for the party. Looks like it was a success. Now go get the binding done on those quilts - lol !

YankeeQuilter said...

You are so right about that gate...a quilt would look wonderful! Isn't this strike crazy...I have three packages waiting by the front door but am waiting until things calm down before posting them. I'm beginning to think I should just drive them there myself!!!

dutchcomfort said...

That looks like some fun party with a lot of sunshine! You could just bind both the quilts, drive to that gate and make some wonderful pictures!

keslyn said...

I am sure the kids at the party had a terrific time,
Dont they just love all the animals
Kerry

Vicky said...

hi Karol Ann, This is my seconed attempt at a comment. I've spent the last hour reading your blog, great reading and lovely picture now its bak to the machine to finish yet another bag :-). I've finished the red back spotty quilt , looks greatI'll send a photo e-mail or better still you can see it next time your popping in. I hope to go down to Barrow in Furness before we go on holiday to lanzarote 1st November so Iit will find an new home then. A great big thank you to everyone who has sent Linus tops via you . A mention for Juliann and the beautiful red /black and white quilt top , my friend Jean is going to finish it for me just as soon as I get some fleece for the back. I'll send you a photo once it finished. Davids keeps saying he'll set up a blog site for me . One day it'll happen. Vicky . Gosh I do rammble on a bit don't I :-)

loulee said...

The farm party sounds great, looks like all had a great time.