In a rush (!) to get a kid's quilt done for a friend's son who was visiting yesterday, I resorted to my 'cheater's binding' again. I will show how to do it in another post (if you're interested). With only a few days to get it done, I thought I'd just quickly do 'my' binding again. In fact it's so quick I managed to put the binding on 3 kid's quilts in 2 days with another kid's quilt ready to be pinned...
Here's the 'gift' quilt... (sorry a bit blurry - I blame the quilt-rack LOL)

Here's the 'happy customer'

We had gorgeous weather today so we went outside and made use of our 'entertainment centre'...


Both boys had to have an afternoon nap after that! Here's DS1 under another quilt I finished this week

This will be a spare travelling quilt with the purpose of story-telling from the 'I-spy' pictures.
10 comments:
I love these I spy quilts - the new owner looks very pleased with his ! Can't believe how nice the weather has been lately. Hope Toby and Jack get lots of use out of their play centre before winter sets in !
Yes please..I've love to see you quicky binding technique! Anything to speed that part up is s good thing in my book!
Great I spy quilts! Love the border on the second quilt. Please share and tips for binding...I have a binding traffic jam in my quilting room!
I too would like to see your quick binding method please. Also, can you tell me the measurements for the snowballs (and triangles) on those lovely quilts. They look a good size for showcasing great prints - and fast completion!
I'd love to see your quick binding method too please. The finished quilts look wonderful, love the colours and the fabrics.
I'm intrigued on the binding technique and the boys quilts look great
Cheater’s bindings? Please yes, I love everything cheaty...! Both the quilts look so cheerful and colourful!
The weather here today was just horrible, we had both storm and rain.
cheater binding?? Yes, please I'm curious!
hehehe, what a smile on your happy customer! The quilt will be loved!
What a lovely quilts! I'm gonna take a look at your other post about the cheater binding, every idea that saves time is more than welcome! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment