Wednesday, 3 October 2007

The swap exchange

Firstly thank you to Cathi who sent me these yummy scrummy and delicious rose prints for my hexagon project that I do when I'm home in South Africa. They are delectable and shall all be put to good use. Thanks Cathi!



Here's me trying to find time to photograph them in the birthday aftermath of boxes...



I've managed to make a few swap blocks for the BlockBuddySwaps Focus fabric swap. The focus fabric being the 'Forest Fire' batik... Here is 'The Dandy' (all blocks in this swap are from Quilterscache)



And here is my adapted version of 'Patience corners'...

6 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

That 'Forest Fire" batik is a favorite of mine too.

I am LOL at your comment on my blog about fall's promise of snow. Mmmm, if I make a quilt out of the colors and textures in my fall photograph, I'll have to add some white... just for you! Heehee...

loulee said...

Your batik blocks look great.

Unknown said...

Lovely rose fabrics - such pretty colours. Don't kids just love boxes, makes you wonder why you bother buying the contents

Andrea said...

You are certainly involved in loads of different swaps. Never a dull moment in your sewing ( I won't say room - I know that's a sore point ) area lol ! Are all the fabrics in your hexagon quilt rose prints ?

Unknown said...

Great rose prints you got there.

Kate North said...

He he - at least three of those rose prints went to Cathi from my stash originally :) We do a lot of scrap swapping, Cathi and I...