Here's the view from the new bedroom window
Here's an action shot of DH vaccuuming the carpet so that I have no excuse, but to repack the wardrobe...
Here's the view from the en-suite
So not much sewing done, although I did make a few decisions and did some preparation along these lines...
1. I am going to use my stash to piece together a backing fabric for my scrapbuster top and I will not be buying backing fabric. So I went through my boxes and chose fabric that I had liked at one point, but couldn't see myself using for a while as well as left over fabrics from other projects that would remind me of things when I turn the quilt over..Now I just need to sew them all together!
2. I am setting the scrapbuster quilt top on point and I am not buying any fabric for this purpose. In fact last night after packing some of the wardrobes back, I cut out the setting triangles (after much mathematical muddling on my part) from a large piece of navy fabric that I had. I was pleased to use this up as I had bought it by mistake! Don't ask, let's just say it looked like black when I bought it online LOL. The squares had to be 23" so it was a real fiddle to cut, but they are done now and waiting to be attached as soon as ...
3. I washed the fabrics for the hospital quilts, I hope to make a start tonight. They are very simple so I hope when I visit Vicky tomorrow, I will have at least one or 2 to take with me... this will depend on how my day pans out! As well as if I get the fabrics cut, ironed, pinned, sewn... Where does one find the time?
1 comment:
the views from your windows are so beautiful - I'm jealous and a little homesick!
Post a Comment