This week has been a bit of a blur and I feel like I have been busy all the time. Jack is back at Playgroup in the mornings and Toby is better so I have actually been getting some sewing done. I've added the borders to 3 kid's quilts (won't post pics until they are quilted), but they are 'I spy' quilts made up of Novelty snowball blocks. Chris phoned to say that my quilts were ready for collection so I thought I'd try get these ready to go when I pick the others up. I have been hard at work hand-quilting Toby's heart quilt (and really enjoying it), but Chris beat me to the finish line as I still have loads to do on that! Silly to try race a Longarmer with hand quilting, but it was worth a try LOL.
I have also been making a few tote bags for gifts and some lavender sachets for all my fabric boxes and drawers. So all in all the sewing side of my life is looking up. And of course with this glorious weather I am almost caught up with my laundry which makes getting into my sewing room that much easier (don't have to trip over piles of laundry to get to my sewing machine LOL)
In the post today, this book by Susan Briscoe: 21 Terrific Patchwork Bags. I hope to give one or two of them a try (When I find the time... yadiyadiya).
ps Grandma has just got back from a holiday in Scandinavia so we have 2 resident vikings in the house.
1 comment:
I take it you've re-christened them Erik and Magnus :o)
Post a Comment