The only sewing I got done today was a little bit more foundation piecing on my Ula Lenz rose. Almost all the greenery is now complete and it's just all the fiddly bits left that are needed to construct the final full rose (It should look like Birgit’s). I know I should have done the fiddly bits first, but I wanted to make sure I'd have enough of the background fabric and I think that's a good enough excuse LOL! Once I get going, I really do enjoy foundation-piecing and after re-designing a block for my 'Bag O' challenge last night, I have even more respect for foundation-piecing designers. I don't have the brain to think in reverse. With 2 small kids, I hardly have a brain at all LOL
Sunday, 24 June 2007
Budding beauty
The only sewing I got done today was a little bit more foundation piecing on my Ula Lenz rose. Almost all the greenery is now complete and it's just all the fiddly bits left that are needed to construct the final full rose (It should look like Birgit’s). I know I should have done the fiddly bits first, but I wanted to make sure I'd have enough of the background fabric and I think that's a good enough excuse LOL! Once I get going, I really do enjoy foundation-piecing and after re-designing a block for my 'Bag O' challenge last night, I have even more respect for foundation-piecing designers. I don't have the brain to think in reverse. With 2 small kids, I hardly have a brain at all LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Karol-Ann - it's looking absolutely beautiful - I had a quick look at Birgit's and your's is coming in just the same but with slightly different fabrics so even if you haven't got much brain left (post-natal) what's there is definitely doing the biz! What do you intend to do with it and what size will it be finished?
Hi Karol-Ann. I found your blog via a comment you left on Laila's new blog. I love this rose pattern. It is very, very pretty. Love the photo of your 2 boys asleep together. Bet that doesn't happen as often as you would like!
Post a Comment