We have been visited by the chicken again!
Toby has chicken pox - the nasty little spots came out today. Last night was very disturbed so I have nodded off each time I had to put Toby down for a nap instead of doing anything creative today. In fact, I had to cancel all the days plans... coffee with a friend, lunch with another and any chance of finishing the hospital quilts I started last night.
Trying to see the lighter side of it, I thought I'd show this little chicken wallhanging from a BlockBuddy Spring/Summer wallhanging swap from last year. I made 2 from a pattern called "Silly Chicken" by Quilterscache and received a beautiful bird wallhanging in return for the one I sent off to swap.
So no sewing, but a few photos of the countryside, caught on the way home from nursery and just before the big rains have started! Jack enjoying some tractors!
These beautiful foxgloves are all over the place - here they're swaying in the wind...
Some of our neighbours sheep
A barn outside our closest village
2 comments:
At least they've both got it now and you've got it over in one fell swoop - it's always much more unpleasant to get it as an adult so kids are much better if they get it when they're little - don't feel guilty about napping when Toby does if he's disturbed your sleep - you need your rest to cope with his grizzliness when he's poorly. Gorgeous photos! and I love the chicken
Sorry to hear the pox have invaded again. Hopefully this will be the last of it..unless you are hiding more little children in your house. Good luck with the quarantine! TTFN
Post a Comment