Friday, 26 April 2013

More Finishes for April (Jelly Bean and Christmas!!)

Having a longarm quilting machine
Is the best thing for my unfinished projects!!!
I have just finished putting the binding on my
'Jelly Beans' Quilt....
(the binding was leftover from my rose hexagon quilt)

Here's a view of the back...
I quilted a feather meander pattern,
in a varigated thread, which I thought suited the top,
which is very scrappy and bright.
It means the quilting is very visible on the back,
but actually looks quite cute.

This quilt started when I saw Sio's Carnival Corn.
I just can't believe I've finished it!
And now I'd like to do another one in Sio's colours!!!

*****

And here's another finish,
this one was quilted on my regular sewing machine
and bound in leftover binding from my 1980's star quilt...
Started when Kate came to visit in November (I think)....
So, you can see, I'm getting a bit better at finishing things
in under 20 years now LOL

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Excellent - no danger of getting cold in your house lately. How many ufo's left to quilt ? xx

Janet O. said...

Jelly Beans looks wonderful, Karol-Ann. Congrats on the finish! Sio's quilt is a very fun color scheme--tempted me, too (one of the few things I have resisted).
Cute little house block.
I wish I had enough binding leftover from anything to finish up a quilt. Seems like I barely ever cut enough to finish the project. : )

Diane-crewe said...

well done xx

Grit's Life said...

So wonderful.
Grit

ruthsplace said...

Love the quilting on Jelly Beans. It looks great. Wish you were closer so you could quilt some of my quilts for me :D

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing...the feathers are awesome!!!

Kate North said...

I was going to say December, but actually, I think it was a weekend that was 30th November and 1st/2nd December :) Still, you can say December if it makes you feel even more quick at getting things done! Love the bean quilt - fantastic.

Vicki W said...

Look at you go! Glad that you have jumped into longarming with no fear.

Cath said...

Beautiful quilt, beautiful countryside. Together, a pair made in heaven. Nice to see spring is well and truly with you!

Plum Cox said...

Great finishes! They both look fab!

Lynda said...

Love the Jelly Bean - the darker border makes the colours sing. I don't usually have much cut left over from a quilt, as I'm so impatient, I cut some, join it together, only have enough for half the border, cut more etc. Interesting how we all work in different ways!