Friday, 5 April 2013

Where we are at, Quilt-Wise, in April

A windy and cloudy day,
but still dry enough to take some photos...

 All the berries are on my Carolina Lily!
 And the 'extra'/mistake berries have been taken off
(On reflection, I thought that actually
you can have too many berries!)
So this quilt is almost done -
I just need some white fabric
to add more borders as I want to scallop the edges
like I did for my hexagon quilt.
Scalloping edges turned out to be very rewarding!!

*****

Then, I have put all the blocks together
for my Purple Oceans

Borders next!!

*****
As I was taking photos my neighbour walked past...
I think he thinks I am nuttier than a fruitcake anyway,
but there I was in the wind trying to get my quilts to stay down!

 He kindly took this photo of me
looking very windswept :)

And I got to take a few snaps
of his gorgeous sheepdog!

*****
A Finish!
My first Longarm Finish too!

 Quilted with stars and loops
and bound with very cute carrot fabric
 It's ready to go to it's new home!
 For the backing I used some fish fabric
I had in my stash...
Yahoo! One of my UFO's longarmed
only a few more (!!) to go!

12 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Your Carolina Lilly is looking great...I love how the sheep look like they are just watching the whole photo shoot! (I miss sheep...isn't it lamb time?)

Diane-crewe said...

your neighbour could have held the (wonderful)quilts up for you to take a picture! dog was trying to help at least! lol xx

Angie said...

These are all wonderful but that Carolina Lily is totally gorgeous :)

Janet O. said...

Carolina Lily is beautiful!
And anything in purple is always a winner with me. : )
Looks like it was a challenge to get those quilts to behave. The dog is giving them obedience lessons--"sit", "stay".
Our farm is overrun with little lambs right now-lots of twins. So fun to watch.

maria said...

Love the pictures. Especially love the Carolina Lily quilt.

Vicki W said...

You've been busy! I LOVE the Carolina Lily. It's going to be spectacular.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I love how you take the pictures of your quilts outside on your farm. Your Carolina Lily is a beauty.

Cath said...

I love your photo props out in the country that I especially love! All the quilts look fabulous.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Wendz said...

I hope to see your Carolina Lily at the Harrogate Show later this year. It's history and beauty deserve to be shown off.

jovaliquilts said...

Such beautiful work! Love the Carolina Lily, and your kids' quilt is adorable. Nice quilted stars!

Carole said...

Scalloped borders are definitely the way to go for the lily quilt. It will look fantastic.
I like how the dog is not moving and playfully dragging your quilts in the field ! I would have had serious doubts about having him posing with such treasures.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the sheep looking on... It's like they are enjoying the colourful view of your gorgeous quilts!!