Friday, 19 April 2013

April Finishes or Cats and Quilts!

The Maple Leaf quilt is bound and finsihed!
I quilted it on the Longarm
with a panto called 'Tangles'.
Quite a fun panto,
and I think it goes well with the maple leaves
as it's quite an angular design,
yet sort of leafy :)
I hung the quilt over our garden gate
for a few quick snaps
of the front...
And the back...
Hopefully this photo shows
the pantograph a bit better...

*****

Our resident quilty cat thought
she had found the perfect place to hide
in one of my 'work' bags...
Even though, I didn't see her,
Miss-Kalico spotted her!!!
And laughed and laughed and laughed!
Abby just ignores her now :)

*****

I wanted to quilt my Simple Pleasure House block,
but still hadn't quilted the Christmas House Block
I made when Kate came to visit...
So to ease my guilt, I did
and now that's done, I can guiltlessly
quilt my 'new' house block LOL.
This Christmas one just needs binding.

*****
And my 'Jelly Beans' quilt is loaded up
on the longarm.
I'm still deciding on the pantograph,
as I want to try something new,
but I also like the feathers
which I have done already....

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

The one really light value maple leaf block really makes this quilt. I love it! Baby Kalico is so cute!

Janet O. said...

What a fun post--and you have been so busy. But then it looks like Miss Kalico is at that age where she can really "help"--not! : ) But she is awfully cute!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

The maple leaf quilt is just gorgeous and the quilting design you chose fits it perfectly congrats on this finish.

Kate North said...

Very nice :) Shall I send you some more tops to practice on, or do you have enough to be getting on with, lol.

ruthsplace said...

Your quilting looks great.

Lovely photos of Baby Kalico.

YankeeQuilter said...

quilting is looking great!

Anonymous said...

lol - love the smiley Baby Kalico! She's a clever one to find the cat...bet the cat wasn't impressed her hiding place had been discovered! :o)

Dorothea said...

You are quite busy and your long arm projects look so professional like you have been doing this for years. Great job. Love the quilts and Aby hiding in the bag. Miss Kalico makes precious faces. I bet she helps a lot.

Lynda said...

Love the leaf quilt, and the shadowy light leaf works so well!