It's not often that I buy a book
and then immediatley feel compelled
to make something out of it :)
But I had the 3 'spare' Ocean Wave blocks...
(and I quickly made another one out of the scraps)
And this book as inspiration...
Well, I needed a small handwork project!
**
More to follow as it gets sewn down.
*****
I have finished quilting the Maple Leave quilt
on my Longarm!
I went for a sort of abstract swirly pattern...
I used pale pink thread and thankfully
the tension was spot on so it looks good on the back too.
(If I say so myself LOL)
Another case of the quilting makes the quilt! -
I was not that keen on the top,
but I think it looks lovely now that it's quilted.
*****
As soon as I finish one quilt,
I just want to get another on the machine...
so I whacked some borders on my
'Jelly Bean' quilt...
I wasn't sure I liked the borders,
but the quilt-inspector approves
so we're going with these borders :)
*****
In my previous post, my neighbour
photographed me holding a quilt up in the wind.
We chatted for a bit and he expressed 'grass-envy'...
So we have garden visitors at the moment!
2 sheep and their lambs
are 'mowing' the lawn for us at present!
The boys and I keep joking
about all the 'chocolate peanuts' they leave us LOL.
We're hoping Miss-Kalico doesn't try eating them! :)
*****
On the weekend we had sun!!!!!
We even had our first BBQ of the year!
Sadly, it's gone again! :(
10 comments:
Oh the sheep and lambs look wonderful! Nice you got a spot of good weather. I need to check out that book as it as three of my favorite quilt designers!!!
If the quilt inspector approves, there's nothing to do but go with her decision !
Your visitors are CUTE, I wish I could have the same around here, leaving little treats for the compost pile... you're so lucky ! (my husband says I'm crazy)
busy busy........enjoy your "visitors" the kids will enjoy chasing them about......I couldn't live where you live I would miss the sun tooooo much......
What a clever use for your leftover blocks.
I think those bright borders look great on that quilt--quilt inspectors are never wrong!
Chocolate peanuts--I'll have to remember that. We have lots of new lambs on the family farm right now.
Love that sunshine during its brief appearances!
I like the borders on your jellybean top. I think the blue really sets it off.
Very envious of the sheep mowing your lawn.
Loving your little handwork project - a bit of treasure from leftovers, always a bonus. I popped into the Exeter quilt show last Sunday to stock up on supplies and scratch that quilt viewing itch - The Cotton Patch had a longarm quilting machine there and I had a lovely play on it - serious machine envy of your machine going on here - sadly the finances can't even begin to run to the £9k they wanted for one - if they had I'd have signed up on the dot - ps love the sheep and the kids in the sunshine , here's to lots more where that came from
Few things in life are better than making something gorgeous from orphan blocks! The houses look great. And the border on the Jellybeans quilt is perfect - the orange corners make it!
Love the way the leaf quilt turned out...nice choice of pantograph! Love the jellybean quilt, too. Isn't Spring wonderful?
Quilts.....babies and sweet little sheep.....what great eye candy!! (we used to raise sheep, I loved the little lambs)
Your new book/house project is fabulous!! I.LIKE.
Wow you were brave getting the BBQ out! wow...mine is still buried in the garage.
Love the appliqué blocks you are working on...the pieced background is a fantastic way to jazz them up!
Post a Comment