Monday, 1 April 2013

Spring has NOT Sprung here yet!

I laid out all my blocks for my Purple Oceans quilt...
And have pinned them together to sew.
Borders are cut and I'll do them
as soon as I've got these together.

How I continually fail at quilt maths is beyond me :)
3 extra blocks!!!
ALL in the purple/brown colourway!
*****

Spring sadly has not arrived...
The sheep still shiver and snow lies on the ground
where it just will not melt away

nevertheless, it was Easter
and eggs were to be found!!!
The boys still had their Easter baskets
I made them years ago,
and of course Miss-Kalico had to get one made too!

She got lots of help
and lots of loot :)
Happy Easter to All!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When I grew up in the Dales we had a saying about snow that lingered in the wall bottoms like that - we always reckoned it would take another big fall to come along and take it away - don't want to wish that on you but I think it may still be the case - am smiling at the rosy cheeks and nose on your baby - you can tell from that just how cold that Easter Egg Hunt must've been but they do look like they had lots of fun

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice quilt - you can put those extra blocks on the back (and who knows, you might want to use them to replace some in the top) I make extra blocks on purpose!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful quilt you are creating, Karol-Ann! Just make one more extra block and you have a nice little table topper. Then it is no longer poor math--it is a bonus!
Fun shots of the kids with their egg hunt! : )

Anonymous said...

It's been such a tough spring. Hopefully by next week the weather will break...of course...just as the kids go back to school!