Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Doing Things By Halves

I have been making halves...

To square up my rose star hexagon blocks...
I thought that I would 'fill in' 2 sides with halves
and work out from there...
But I needed DH and his manly logic
to show me that the sides need different halves...
Can you spot the difference?

Some halved this way:

And some halved this way:

I also had to figure out how to make a quarter:
Now, I just need help to get to my studio
to scratch in my scraps
to make more halves and 3 more quarters :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking good. I'd pop over to help you scrap about in your studio if I have some time :-) Vicky C

Katie Z. said...

I confess, it took me a moment to understand why you'd need different halves. Then, DOH!

YankeeQuilter said...

My head hurts just thinking about this! The quilt looks great though!

Helen said...

I really like this quilt. A happy quilt in progress. Hope all is well on your side of the pond? Is the leg mending well?

Lynda said...

Those scrappy blocks look so frash and exciting, but I'm glad it's you working out the fractions!

Fran said...

That looks like painstaking work!! It will be amazing when it's done... puts me to shame with my unfinished hexagon quilt... :-( Hope you're feeling ok and hopping about a bit.

Janet O. said...

So glad you have someone to help you figure those things out before they were made the wrong way. That would be depressing! The quilt will be so nice when it all comes together!
Wish I was close enough to scratch in the scraps for you!