Make no mistake, I love looking after Baby-Kalico!!,
but it's really hard work when you can't put any weight on one foot,
you walk with crutches
and you are lumbering a huge plaster cast around with you
everywhere you go...
I knew it was going to be hard work so
I carefully worked out the household budget
and decided that if we were very careful
and had no extras (i.e. NO luxuries of any sort!!!!)
we could just about afford some help for a few weeks
to get me over the worst of it.
Unfortunately help needs days off
and today help was unwell :(
I have been getting up in the morning to look after baby,
I put her to bed at night and I play with her
as much as possible during the day,
but if I am alone in the house with her,
we have to do a 'bed-in'.
This means that I can feed her,
put her down for naps etc
without having to carry her around,
an impossible feat with crutches!
If I'm not sleeping at the same time as her,
I try to do a little hand-sewing...
I have found making the two different halves
for my rose-star quilt quite addictive...
for my rose-star quilt quite addictive...
Obviously they come together much quicker
and I have been trying some wild colour combinations...
Who knows, a few more weeks of bed-rest
and I may even be 'half' way :)
9 comments:
Olá,vamos ver se esse comentário vai....Estou te acompanhando e vejo que não está sendo fácil,mas estando indo é o que tem que ser,se eu fosse sua vizinha ou assim,te ajudaria...mas moro longe e fico só na torcida para que tudo se resolva e fique bem logo,logo.Estão lindos seu filhos eu me emocionei vendo foto do hospital,que lindo,mas imagino a preocupação de vocês,cada um a sua maneira.Este doce dormindo...saudade das minhas nesta idade.Eu adoro e faço um pouco todos os dias esses papéis,nunca mais você será a mesma sem eles,isso vicia.Deus te abençoe e a sua família,fique bem,beijos.
If you weren't on another continent I would be there to help you while your "help" is sick. I'm so sorry that you are having to juggle and baby with crutches. The "bed in" is a good idea.
Doing those blocks by half is smart--and you are being very "creative" with your colors! : )
all very difficult but better then if she was running all around the house getting into lots of mischief.......hope there is someone to help today.......
love the rose blocks.........
You really are a star you know!!!
Best
Joyce (no blog)
PS Have you heard the saying "don't run before you can walk"? It is usually meant metaphorically but I think it is literally good advice in your case
Well, at least they are really beautiful rose stars!! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.
Ohh love your roses, I bought the template set but am yet to start it...will be watching eadgerly for your progress :)
Hope the help is better soon...love you ingenuity to care for little one :-) there are days I wish I could do everything from bed too :-)
A bed-in sounds wonderful. How long are you in plaster?
At least she isn't walking yet :-) hope things are better now. You seem to be zipping along on your Rose Stars - every cloud has a silver lining and all that. Take it easy and don't rush things xxxxx
Post a Comment