I was very fortunate to be invited along by my dear friend Vicky C.
to the Mere Quilters Quilt Exhibition in Windemere today.
Set in a beautiful home overlooking glorious Lake Windemere
and bursting with charm and character and....
QUILTS!!!
I overheard a lady coming down the stairs saying:
'There are quilts in every nook and cranny!'
And there were! Quilts in the bedrooms,
the hallway, the shower room, the workroom...!
What an amazingly prolific group of quilters.
An absolute feast for the eyes and so many beautiful quilts to see and enjoy.
I certainly didn't manage to take everything in!
But I did spot a Lone Star which was lovely
and reminded me of my Mother's long-term Lone Star
that we are hoping to finish together one day!!
Lots of Christmassy quilts
(less than a 100 days to go now I believe!!)
Quilts on beds...
And quilts needing close-ups like this hexagon quilt...
So many beautiful quilts...
and fun wallhangings...
And this one with sheep! Love it!
With all the beds and chairs etc. adorned with quilts
there was nowhere to sit and admire them,
however, the dining room offered some excellent home-made refreshments!
I was delighted to have met a lovely lady called Janet
who made this super hexagon bag! (among many other wonderful things!)
And I also met a lady called Susan who made this Log Cabin
(also among many many other wonderful things!)
What a great day out, thank you Mere Quilters!
7 comments:
I love this show set in a home. How cozy it makes it all seem! Beautiful quilts. I need to come back when I have more time and enlarge the photos for a closer look. Thanks for posting these!
would you believe, at first I thought it was your home and I said to myself, how can anyone live like that DURH....
then I realized it was an exabition, it is beautiful, the quilts are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing,
Absolutely awesome. It was indeed a grand day there at the Mere quilters. Too many beautiful quilts!
What a feast for the eyes...thanks for sharing!
Every nook and cranny just about sums it up! Looks like a great idea for an exhibition.
What a wonderful way to display all the quilts! I made a lone star for my Mom...a crazy story behind that!
I just revisited to get a better look at the enlarged photos. Oh, what fun! But I can't imagine trying to take it all in actually being there! Thanks goodness for cameras!
Post a Comment