Saturday, 3 September 2011

The Great Northern Crowds

Actually it's the Great Northern Quilt Show, but it was the first day and the crowds were overwhelming for the bump and me...
Trying to look at the vendor's wares was neigh on impossible, but later in the day it thinned out and I did buy a few bits. Not as much as I could have, but I had to be sensible and remember that firstly I have a lot of UFO's and secondly I am about to have a baby and sewing will be limited!
I was a very bad photographer and almost forgot to take photos.
However, I did take a few photos of this quilt made out of old ties.
I love quilts made out of old ties and would love to make one, one day!!!
Probably also in a Log Cabin design...

I met the lady who made this lovely quilt called 'Whirligig'.
It's a fun quilt:
I also bumped into Chris, my Longarmer and looked at her 3 quilts on show.
It was great catching up with Chris,
And hearing the story behind her prize-winning quilt.
I haven't got a photo of my purchases which included some cotton thread for piecing, a scrap bag, several half metre cuts of cream tone on tones and some pink and yellow gingham...
I was very restrained and now very tired :o)

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

You brave woman, navigating those crowds. I love the quilt made of ties. That is so cool! They did a great job!
Whirlygig is a pattern I had thought I would make one day, but the way so many seams come together in the center of the "whirls" makes me nervous, so I have never tried it.
Your LAQ's quilts are all beautiful! I enlarged the photos to get a good look at her quilting. She does a wonderful job--that double (?) Irish Chain is amazing!

Fran said...

Glad you had some fun despite the crowds. The photos are nice.

Angie Burrett said...

Always love photos of a quilt show - looks like fun!

YankeeQuilter said...

Put your feet up and take a rest! Love the tie quilt and your longarmer's Irish Chain is beautiful...

Browndirtcottage said...

Sounds like a fun day to me!!! Seeing some great quilts and an opportunity to make some purchases is REALLY a great day!!!

Tingelingeling said...

Wish I was there. Lovely pictures.