Friday, 16 September 2011

A Good Day at the V&A

Wednesday I met two lovely bloggy friends at the V&A Museum in London.
We had arranged to meet in the main foyer, but the main entrance was closed as they were putting up an amazing entrance display. Silly me, I sat and waited in the wrong foyer, but soon sorted it out (once I'd caught my breath LOL)

While we waited for the '3rd Musketeer' who needed to arrive later. Vicki and I wandered around the Arts & Crafts display and stumbled upon these poor squashed, yet exquisite brass instuments...
This William Morris Textile design was a highlight for me in the Arts & Crafts section:

Once we were 3, and had explored the very interesting 'Art of Making' exhibition, we spent a long time in the courtyard drinking coffee and chatting.
Then we wandered around the bookshop:

What a great selection,... some people couldn't resist tempation ;o)

Another pitstop needed to be made at the gift shop!

For a hat girl like me, I loved this display....
All in all a great day out. Thanks Vicki and Kate!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Very happy to read about your time with in London with good friends...only the best kind of friend spoils you rotten and you totally deserved this fun trip and being spoiled as much as possible. Such gorgeous things, just gorgeous! Ray- Stitch looks like a great place to spend some time

Mary Johnson said...

How fun! I don't know Kate but I've been lucky enough to see Vicki several times on my trips to Virginia.

Janet O. said...

So what did that person who couldn't resist temptation buy?

Lynda said...

If the weather is good, the courtyard is fabulous! When I went to see the quilt exhibition last year, it was hot, and lots of smal children (and adults!) were having fun in the pool.