Sunday, 18 May 2008

Something scary

Something scary was in my postbox yesterday.... oooohhh....


I know they're frogs, but I think they're quite spooky!
Andrea sent me these fabrics.

DS1 loves them. Thanks Andrea.
I had to use them straight away!!


The Happy Scrappy House blocks are from Toni. Hope you don't mind Toni, but I just had to use those googly eyes in one of the windows and one of the doors so I adapted your original blocks a bit. The borders for the houses are the sum total of Halloween-type fabrics that I have. As it's not a 'celebration' that I am familiar with, I don't have a stash of Halloween fabrics (and you guessed it, I'm not buying any! LOL)

Friday I went to the Lunesdale Quiltshow with a friend. It was held at Jean's house. When we arrived it looked so nice from the outside so I whipped my camera out to take a picture only to discover that I'd left the battery on to charge!! So no pictures except this one of some of my raffle winnings and a few small oddments of fabric that I bought (there must be less than a yard there so I've forgiven myself).

I also bought some batting/wadding offcuts for a future BQL Bag as I need batting. I'd love to buy a whole roll of the batting Birgit stocks, but where would I hide it? :-)

I met a fellow BQL-er at the show called Linda, she is a hoot and I hope our paths cross again sometime!

6 comments:

Toni said...

LOL I don't mind at all!! :) I think it definitely adds something fun to the blocks!

I'm soo behind on blogs it isn't funny, but I make sure to read yours if I can squeak it in! :)

dot said...

Looks like you had fun. I like your fabric choices. I don't know about the mouse though.

Beertje Zonn said...

What a nice spooky fabric and a lovely mouse.
Kind regards

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn

Lynda said...

The frog fabric is gorgeous! How clever of you to find a use for it straightaway - I'd have spent a lot of time stroking it, I think!

Unknown said...

I think the frogs are so funny, great to put them in the window and the door.

Toni said...

we just got that frog eyes fabric in the shop this week ---if you want more :)