I adjusted the size as I wanted to use 2.5" strips that I already had...
I probably need to work on the frames next time so that there is more seam allowance, but this is a fun pattern and I shall be making more!
I finally finished my BQL Bag Challenge for May which has 3-D Bowties.
I lined it with brown Da Gama fabric and used a beaded pull that my mother made. When I was in South Africa my mother and I made loads of these zip pulls as well as beaded handles.
The bag has 'insul-bright' wadding so that it can be used for chilled shopping or as a bag to keep your picnic cool. The plain fabrics were kindly given to me by my very DB (Darling Brother!!). I think the plain colours are very 'cool' tonally so I'm sure to remember what this bag is for :-)
Now to see if I can do some BOM's before the month is out. Time just flies when you're trying to get some sewing done!!!
14 comments:
Patrick has a happy scrappy house quilt which he loves. Such a great pattern and QUICK.. What a fab bag - let's hope we get lots of picnic weather x
"Cool" bag! I don't think I'll get mind done...well actually it's an active choice not to do the May bag...I've kinda lost interest in the Challenge. I look forward to seeing yours though ;o)
Great bag Karol-Ann - love the shading with the turquoises - like Jane I'm really having to grit my teeth to get mine done - mind you I'm off all next week for half-term so I might just get the chance
Great house blocks and I love the bag. I've been eyeing all of the monthly bags and wonder how it began. Can you tell me more about it?
Love your African houses! You’ve inspired me.
The bag is beautiful with the cheerful colours!
Happy weekend!
Great bag, I like the insul bright idea.
Your African houses looks great!!So does your bag!
Love the house! The lady is perfectly placed! The bag is lovely too. A friend has completed hers, and says it was great for keeping frozen food frozen on a big shop. I think it'll be useful for picnics this summer, whatever the weather!
The houses are fabulous!! You've got to love brothers that give fabric as gifts, I wish mine would. lol
The Africa houses are lovely en also your bag.
Kind regards
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
I love that African woman in the door!
I love those African houses! I have been collecting African fabrics and haven't figured out what to do with them, but I love them.
Really enjoyed looking through your blog!
Excellent houses!! I like the fabric!
What a cool bag!! I assume you designed this? I'm not familiar with the bag challenge, need to read more about it!
Thank you for sharing your scrappy houses. It led me to follow the link to the pattern and I love it! I hope to make this a slow paced pick up when I can' summer project!!!
Post a Comment